24.6.09

Immerse Yourself!

I am heading to Grand Rapids on Friday and I am excited to see everyone again! It is amazing how many connections you can make when you immerse yourself in a community of faith. I am excited to see friends from Hartford and meet many new ones!

There are many new and exciting resolutions on the agenda for this year's synod including proposed resolutions on an Economic Justice Covenant, Race, Iran, the Eugenics Movement, рдеे Global Food Crisis, HIV Prevention, A Call to be Global Mission Churches, Responsible Meeting Practice, Single Payer National Health Care Reform, the North American Free Trade Agreement, A Justice Town Hall Gathering, Trafficking in Persons, Iraqi Refugees, Ecumenical Commitments, Mediating Climate Change, Physician Assistance in Dying and the Urgency for Action on Climate Change. To see the full text of all the resolutions go to http://www.ucc.org/synod/resolutions/

In addition we will be attending to regular buisness of the synod such as nominations. This year there are additional resolutions coming to the synod on Single Governence, which if adopted would change the structure of the National Church Governence. For all the information on buisness coming to synod go to http://www.ucc.org/synod/synod-business.html


In addition I am looking forward to our Sacred Conversations on Race. I will be attending a discussion on Race and Education, an issue that is very near and dear to my heart.

Let me know about how you feel about any and all of these issues. I would love to be able to bring your voice to synod!

Also follow all the happenings of General Synod search the trending topic GS27 and follow me at CDK1536 for real time updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment